RE: NOW glasses

I tried contacts when I was about 27.  I asked for the gas permeable (GP)
because they were smaller than the soft lenses (SL, even though they are
supposed to be more difficult to get used to.  I figured if I could get
them into my eyes I could get used to them.  The doctor lied and told me
the shape of my eye wouldn't allow for GP; I think he just got a better
kick-back on the SL.  While still in his office I tried and tried to get
the stupid things in with no luck and the Dr. started berating me about how
a 6 yr old could do it...what was wrong with me?   Well, I finally got them
in, but couldn't get them out.  He had to use special tweezers to remove
them.  He told me to come back another day and we would try again.

I didn't go back.  I decided all that pulling on the skin tissue around my
eye was just going to have bad consequences down the line.  Besides, I only
needed glasses for distance.  All I had to do was put them on to drive or
see a movie.  It wasn't worth the hassle.  I asked the Dr. to return the
refundable portion of my payment and he lied again - said I hadn't pay him.
I showed him the cancelled check and he threw another fit and told his wife
to give me the money.  I asked for my prescription so I could get new
glasses.  He threw another fit, but gave it to me.  Somehow I didn't trust
it, so I called the Union to see if I could get another eye exam.  When I
told her who the Dr. was she approved another exam.  She'd already had
reports of him giving out bad prescriptions...and yes, mine was not right
either acoording to the next dr who also said there was no reason I
couldn't wear GP.  By this time, though, I was fed up with the whole idea.
Glasses are fine for when I need them.

Kitty