RE: RE: sod< leaves

Many years ago, our county highway dept. picked up leaves raked into gutters. I ordered two or three dumptruck loads of leaves to be dumped in my garden. I was threatened with large fines and having to re-gather the leaves if I let them blow around, so I took a section of chicken wire, and laid it over the top of the mountain, weighted it, and then wet the pile down pretty well. I wouldn't do it again. Broken glass, pop cans and bottles, tennis shoes, and the worst was chicken bones (found by the dog first) that came with the leaves. Margaret L

Gotcha-  I have done similar too.  Sometimes, though I need a bed available
faster ( like to plant a ton of bulbs in before winter really sets in).  By
the way, how do you keep your leaves from blowing away?