Re: RE: Theresa, found > fire

Why burn leaves when you can compost them? But there are larger items, and some plant material that is diseased or harbors certain insects for which burning is an appropriate option. (Not to mention the controlled burns involved in prairie management.) Burning also requires taking conditions such as moisture and wind into account as well.