From: cathy carpenter [mailto: cathyc@rnet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:54:38 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT]tolerance of lack of same/ alone

Wish I could have put the canna tubers in the washing machine. DH
in a <br>plastic basket in the pond) in an attempt to overwinter them
dormant. <br>Picture me, in the driveway, temperature in the low 40's,
first cutting <br>away the basket, then pulling away wet clay and
pebbles from the roots <br>with my hands, followed by a vigorous hosing
away of the rest. Then had <br>to separate the individual tubers with
brute strength and set them <br>aside to dry. Finally had to clean up
the mess in the driveway. Whole <br>process took me 2 hours. Never
again. Don't care if he did spend $30.00 <br>for the original
tuber!<br>Cathy<br>On Tuesday, November 25, 2003, at 10:57 PM, pdickson
wash them in their <br>> washing<br>> machine.... have you ever tried
that?<br>> but then I also have a friend who grows a lot of spinach and
they wash <br>> big<br>> batches of spinach in the washing machine
too...<br>> Just had to share that.... most of the time I just read and
learn....<br>> Have a great thanksgiving all, I feel very blessed to be

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com