Re: snow

In a message dated 12/08/2003 2:53:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gardenqueen@gbronline.com writes:

> How are all you snow bunnies in the NorthEast faring?  Eva said she had
> 18", folks in Bear Creek had a foot or so??

We have about 11 inches - didn't get plowed out until about 3:30 yesterday
afternoon.  I had a hard time persuading my old man not to go out and shovel it
himself - he just doesn't like to admit he's too old at 77 to do such things.
Of course he doesn't mind using the "too old" excuse to avoid gardening
chores that he never did like in the first place.  Oh well.  The snow is pretty to
look at, we are warm and cozy, and didn't really need to go anywhere so no
problem.
  Several social events scheduled for Saturday and Sunday were cancelled, and
we had to postpone our garden club's decorating of Lasdon house until
tomorrow.  We got out before the snow hit on Friday afternoon and got everything
needed for that event, and  Saturday I boned and stuffed a big roasting chicken
and cooked it for the event.  It will happen.  But this is really too early for
this kind of weather.  And they think they have "upgraded" us to zone 6 yet?
Oh well.  Auralie