RE: shopping

Great Kitty-- now that you are done, you can start on mine :)

Actually there have been some changes in Canadian laws and the amount of
items non-taxed being shipped out. Wondering if it was made elsewhere
has something to do with it... someone on this list is from Canada...
maybe they can explain... I know it was a problem when I almost bought a
laptop from a Canadian company... it had to be shipped from PA... or
something... but with the rate of exchange, it would have worked well
for me...

This has been a bad shopping year for me.... I am usually done by Oct1,
actually shop all year as I find something special it goes in the cart-
HA! I still have folks I can't even think of what to buy them yet... I
don't do usual gifts, but this year I may have to....:(  I also feel
this holiday is out of control for the last few years... what happened
to the spirit of Christmas... now it about drives me nuts! DH is to
blame, with the comments of 'is that all you bought so and so'... it is
supposed to be the thought that counts, not how much you spent... I try
to give something they will like or use, personally for them.... Maybe I
should go buy all of his sisters a sweater, maybe he would like that
better :(