Re: now scents- was-Fashion Note: Orange jasmine

I'll bet that smell delightful. Like a bathroom scrubbed with Pinesol.

On Sunday, December 14, 2003, at 12:09 AM, Kitty wrote:

Donna - I think you have to buy that fragrance in a spray can. :>)
Kitty
----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna " <justme@prairieinet.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 5:58 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] now scents- was-Fashion Note: Orange jasmine

Speaking of scents... for us northerners..

I wanted to get some pieces of Xmas trees to put in a vase. Thought was
it could provide a holiday scent as well as a backdrop to a floral
arrangement..

As I walked around nurseries selling trees and wreaths (supposedly fresh
ha!)none smelled... What is with that? Was it just too cold and they
will scent the room when warmed up? We haven't had a real Xmas tree in a
few years but did always go to the tree farm and cut it ourselves. I
remember the scent that filled the house the minute it arrived.

Guessing I will just burn my yankee candle and forget about it...

And for those curious.... it is snowing here now!

Donna

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10