RE: what are you hearing?

Perhaps you knew this but, shortly before or after the Allie McBeal
shows, he got a chance to fill in for (I think) Andre Bocceli at a
concert with Celine Dion. He was a total unknown. Andre couldn't get
there in time and Dion asked someone working on the concert if he knew
someone who could fill in. This someone was Groban's voice teacher. So
he brought him in and Dion was very impressed. (that's the story as I
recall it, I might have some of the particulars wrong except that I do
know it was Celine Dion)