From: Daryl [mailto: pulis@mindspring.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:44:07 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT:Heat vs. cold poll

Cold makes me want to hibernate. I can tolerate a little, but when I
get<br>really chilled, all I want to do is sleep. My mind slows down and
my train<br>of thought is derailed. I used to work in the computer room
back in the days<br>when they were kept cold. During my breaks, I'd go
out and sit in my car,<br>with the windows rolled up. In the summertime.
It was the only thing that<br>kept me
Thursday, December 18, 2003 10:33 AM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: to my
office is not going to get hypothermia<br>> because I lowered the temp
in her office from 78 to 77. And even those<br>> of us who lower our
temps at home at night (mine is 61 night 67 day - up<br>> to 70 if I do
feel cold) to perhaps 60 are not going to get hypothermia<br>> from it.
Yes, you get sleepy with hypothermia, but I can't imagine<br>> getting
Conversely, at night WHEN I WANT TO SLEEP, I'm more comfortable in
a<br>> cool environment. If I get too warm it will wake me up. So, now
that it<br>> is dark outside in the morning so the natural brightening
of the room<br>> doesn't wake me up, the steady warming of the room does
as the the<br>> programmed thermostat brings it up to 67
poll?<br>> During the workday, do you get sleepy if you are too warm or
sleepy is one of the first stages of<br>> > hypothermia. Got stranded in
the mountains in PA (college days) in the<br>> > snow and did everything
I could to stay awake. Knew if I succumbed to<br>> > sleep, I'd be a

xcite.com><br>> > Reply-To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> > Date: Thu, 18 Dec
2003 01:03:49 -0500 (EST)<br>> ><br>> > >Kitty: You get sleepy when you
get hot??? That's how I get when I am<br>> > >cold...very sleepy...and
it is so difficult to regulate the temperature<br>> > >in such a large
hospital as the one I work in...freezing or<br>> > >boiling...nothing in
mysterious."<br>> > >--Albert

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com