From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 5:56 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fashion Note: now sago

If you want to quit spraying it, Bonnie, just cut the fronds off. It
will probably put out a flush of new ones... and they will likely be
scale-free. I think it's old enough to take that kind of shock in
stride. That, incidentally, is how we have treated some of the very
large ones at the nursery. If the infestation was really bad and the
fronds began to turn brown, we cut them all off [bald stump], sprayed
the trunk to kill any scale that might be hiding there, and fertilized
the stump with osmocote. They all came back free of scale.

Man, this cold [don't laugh, northern persons] is really beginning to
annoy me. About 60 degrees today with a north wind. An office chum, who
is new to the area from another part of Florida, leased a beach house
that is neither insulated nor heated. Every morning she looks like a
smurf with red hair.

On Sunday, December 14, 2003, at 04:27 PM, William Morgan wrote:
> Now I'm trying to find room somewhere near light (away from a vent, of
> course) for my throatwort and a new little hibiscus. I think I caught
> my
> Sago Palm's "bugs" too late as it is starting to brown. I'm still
> spraying it on the off chance it will recover once the infestation is
> crushed.
Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10