Re: Happy Holidays to All, now cat door

Got one of those, Marge. We decided we didn't want the house open to raccoons, however, so we put it in the door between the kitchen and the garage. Once it's daylight, we can open the garage door and Miss Priss can come and go as she pleases. By then, of course, she has already been in and out four or five times, so she usually decides it's nap time.

On Thursday, December 25, 2003, at 01:56 AM, Marge Talt wrote:

From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
Holiday wishes to all. I'll probably spent the day as I spend most
off--letting the cat out and in. If she's in, she yowls to go out;
she's out, she knocks to come in. And, of course, she's trained me
open the door for her.

Unless you enjoy that pastime, Jim, what you need is a cat door.
When my cats were indoor/outdoor, it worked a treat - they came and
went as they wished.  Poor old campused Teeny Kitty still sits in
front of it staring at it like if she stares hard enough, it will
open for her.  Has a little thumb latch on a removable solid masonite
type door if you don't want kitty to go out at some point.  Sure
beats the heck out of being a doorman for a fickle feline:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :