RE: Speaking of presents

We just put in another softener last week...our water is very hard 17-19
grains.  The softener has a turn off valve to allow us to water plants,
etc. with the well water and the front faucet does not go through the
softener. (I often get my drinking water here...so much sweeter.)  This
softener works on demand; no electricity required.  We also chose potassium
rather than the regular salt...I am curious to see what difference it makes
to my aquariums and indoor plants.  (All my plants and aquariums have had
the white crusty stuff that I have periodically cleaned.)  Also (thanks to
some chatter here), purchased a nice rain barrel that I use for some of the
plants in the back of the house.

It has been so warm during the days that some forsythia in the direct sun
is blooming...along with a phlox blossom or two!!!  We have had early
morning frost and recently some snow flurries (Christmas Eve).

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN