Re: hort.net fund drive

> Chris: Just one other thing...in looking over the hort.net site, I
> noticed a complete absence of corporate sponsorship/advertising...I
> assume this is a purposeful move on your part, but was curious about the
> reasoning behind it...I would think that with the audience you are able
> to reach from hort.net, this would be a good place for reputable
> businesses to advertise in order to attract potential customers for
> themselves, while generating much needed funding to keep hort.net going
> strong. Just curious...

Hi Melody,

   I would definitely be interested in having advertisers, but I honestly
   don't know how to go about doing it.  I tried for a while and didn't
   really get much in the way of revenue out of it -- it would take several
   hours per month to keep the ads up to date and then a check would come in
   for $20 or so (which is great, but I'd rather spend those hours doing
   programming work for a potential customer).  But the real problem was
   the constant amount of attention that it required for such a small return.
   If it was a one-time setup that'd be fine, but always having to change
   things when ads were turned off, etc. was a pain!

   If anyone knows of possible advertisers or anything, I'm definitely

Chris (who's probably not making much sense at this hour)

P.S.  I'm headed up to Chicago for New Year's Eve to hang out with my folks,
      so I won't be answering email for a day or so.