From: Jesse Bell [mailto: silverhawk@flash.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:29:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Christmas giving programs

Yeh...I tried like crazy to make Christmas special for my three
kids
when they were young...and I was dirt poor. I made most of their
gifts
and had put their Christmas gifts on layaway at Wal-Mart for 3
months
before so I could pay it off...and it was coats, shoes, etc. I
always
felt sad and more like a failure that I couldn't provide more
for them.
Then last year...when I talked to my kids about adopting a
family and we
talked about what it was like when they were
little...they looked at me,
stunned and said, "We had no idea we were
poor...those were wonderful
times and Christmas was the best!" I
cried. It made me feel good that
what I tried so hard to
accomplish....worked. I just wanted them to feel
loved and special.
And to appreciate what they have.

kmrsy@comcast.net
wrote:Melody,
Thanks for the first-hand report of what the season can
mean to those
who live without a securely funded homelife. We didn't
have a lot
growing up (though more than you), but didn't really
notice, because we
had what counts and my family did make sure we had
some of the sparkle
to go with the basics.

I hope that every
less fortunate child this year will have an angel to provide them with
warm socks AND something fun.

Kitty