Re: "organic" vegetables?

Kitty, this is the very reason I do grow as much of my food as possible.  I
like to
know exactly how it was grown and what went into or onto it.  I don't mind
rinsing the leafy things in salt water to remove any creepy-crawlies.  It has
to be washed to remove sand anyway, and my home-grown vegetables rarely
have anything more than a few green cabbage-moth caterpillars which the
salt water takes care of.  In all my years of growing vegetables I have never
had a problem with black aphids. Admittedly, by broccoli does get a few of
the green worms, but a salt-water rinse takes care of them quickly.
  Many things I feel quite comfortable eating right in the garden - the early
peas and beans don't even make it back to the house.  I take great pleasure
in flowers, but home-grown vegetables are essential to my sense of well-being.
Auralie

In a message dated 12/13/2004 10:50:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,