Re: grumble...mobot

Not sure "back to normal" is an improvement over unreachable. I have no idea how the site is structured and/or cobbled together, but it is about the slowest site I've ever tried to use twice.

On Friday, December 17, 2004, at 10:10 AM, Kitty wrote:

The reason I figured a person is because in recent years they have changed
its web location several times. So I figured someone was fiddling with it
again. Just checked now, though, and it is back to normal.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@earthlink.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 3:01 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] grumble...mobot

Well, Kitty, I'm not sure it's a person.  Looks like a server problem
and all systems have those.  Could be they don't have enough tech
personnel to keep things up to snuff or something.....budget cuts?

I often find sites on the MOBOT server to be a bit flaky.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Plant Exchange

----------
From: kmrsy@comcast.net

Ok, what's wrong with Mobot now?
The database is there. I click on any plant name and the basic data
and
photo come up, but nothing after that. Each entry sports a message:

"Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
Could not find file
'E:\web\www.mobot.org\gardeninghelp\database\HortWeb.mdb'.
/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/Plant.asp, line 36 "
Someone is always screwing around with it.  It used to be so
dependable.
KittyKitty

Island Jim
Southwest Florida