Re: seeded raisins ?

I think the seedless raisins are made from the seedless Thompson green eating grapes.
Cathy
On Sunday, December 26, 2004, at 03:19 PM, James R. Fisher wrote:

Kitty wrote:

Raisins-seeded-coarsely chopped, Pecans-chopped, Coconut-shredded.
I was a bit puzzled by "Raisins-seeded-coarsely chopped". Any raisins I've
ever used were seedless. Does seeded mean to remove the seeds or to buy
raisins with seeds - provided you could find any. ???
Kitty
I find seeded raisins easily available in the local
Freshfield's/Whole Foods market. What I don't understand is
why bother with seedless, as the seeds are so small...
Perhaps different varieties of grapes are used; the seedless
coming from an infertile sort.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher