Re: One project accomplished

Cathy, my late friend Don, who was a rose hybridizer, always planted
his beds with chives.  He claimed they helped resist Japanese
beetles, crowded out weeds, looked pretty when they bloomed,
could be neatly trimmed with grass shears when the bloom
was past, and were good in vichyssoise.
Auralie

In a message dated 12/29/2004 11:45:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,