Re: One project accomplished

I talked with Dave Taylor about the Ophiopogon. He thought the $4 price
from Netherland wasn't bad. He said it is expensive because of patents.
However, though sometimes labeled for Zone 5, is really a Zone 6 plant.
I explained that I assumed you were treating it more like an annual. He
also said it is a slow grower and becuase it arrives bareroot, it can be
difficult for awhile to tell if it is alive, being so dark. H e said it
will put out rhizomes for additional growth. Feed with 12-12-12, 3x a
year. As far as suppliers, he said his supplier required a min 1000
plant purchase, though he did get them to accept a 500 plant order.

If I find other suppliers, I'll let you know.