TAG article

Gene, I just worked down through the huge pile of mail that
accumulated while we were gone and reached the latest
American Gardener article.  Enjoyed it very much.  Chet
even read it through, and he usually doesn't read on such
"Jacks" grow fairly commonly through the woods around
here.  I love them.  As a matter of interest, one has been
growing in a break in the boulders beside my drive ever
since we moved here in 1970 - who knows how long
before.  It is about 18", and solitary.  I have them growing
in other places, that form clumps, but this one has never
increased, but is clearly very durable.
Unfortunately most of the exotics are not hardy here.  Your
article indicates a few that may be, so I will look out for
them.  The 'Green Dragon' (Arisaema dracontium) is on
the New York State Protected Plant List.  I have never
seen it growing in the wild. but have a good photograph
in my set of protected plant slides.