Re: TAG article

Glad to hear you & Chet enjoyed the article I wrote, Auralie.
Only a couple of the photos are mine, rest various other photographers work. No one seems to use credits for photos any more. I have written articles about Arisaema on several occasions now. One of my favorite topics as I enjoy collecting and growing them. Have over several years now. Always looking for that next one that I think may grow here and I have not found for sale as yet. Our local Jack in the Pulpit was my first Arisaema. Found it in the local woods. My second one was the green dragon (A. dracontium). I had ordered one, then found it growing along a drainage ditch on my own property.
The American Gardener sent me a couple of cases of magazines to give out at my next slide presentation. Right now that will be in Indianapolis in February.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Gene, I just worked down through the huge pile of mail that
accumulated while we were gone and reached the latest
American Gardener article.  Enjoyed it very much.  Chet
even read it through, and he usually doesn't read on such
"Jacks" grow fairly commonly through the woods around
here.  I love them.  As a matter of interest, one has been
growing in a break in the boulders beside my drive ever
since we moved here in 1970 - who knows how long
before.  It is about 18", and solitary.  I have them growing
in other places, that form clumps, but this one has never
increased, but is clearly very durable.
Unfortunately most of the exotics are not hardy here.  Your
article indicates a few that may be, so I will look out for
them.  The 'Green Dragon' (Arisaema dracontium) is on
the New York State Protected Plant List.  I have never
seen it growing in the wild. but have a good photograph
in my set of protected plant slides.