Re: Happy Anniversary!

Let's see. I barged in when it was on AHS, but before the meltdown when it started going off line with regularity. Don't remember who all was or was not there, but many of regulars/irregulars were. We've covered a lot of ground since then. I think Sue, for better or worse, galvanized us into a family and Chris, by giving us a home with no questions asked, legitimized our family. Yes, happy anniversary--it's been a great run and a lot of fun.

On Dec 11, 2005, at 12:18 PM, kmrsy wrote:

Donna,
3 years already?
And what - one, or was it two years, on AHS?
And before that, when it was hosted by MSN; how long were we there?

You folks are the best!
And thank you, thank you,
thank you,
thank you, Chris.  You are the host with the most!

Kitty
neIN, Z5

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:05 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Happy Anniversary!

3 years ago, the message below appeared- the first one at our new home
thanks to Chris Lindsey. Since then we have bombarded Chris's server with
zillion and one messages. (I am sure he has the actual count, but I have
be close ;) ) No cheating- guess who posted it!

Thanks Chris for giving us a home!

I am lucky that I found a couple of great groups, where sharing not only
the
'topic' of the list, but on-line friendships have developed.  Just the
other
day, on another list, one of the members had a tragedy (say a prayer
please,
she is in critical condition due to a car accident), and I think one of
the
members there summed it up nicely - so let me quote part of his message,
am sure he wouldn't mind -

Quote:

I can't help but think of the season we are in and one of my favorite
Christmas tunes and stories --- "There must have been magic in that old
silk
hat they found" -- or is it those little porcelain houses, how else can
you
explain the strong emotions - the magic - all these miles apart that we
all
feel when one of us has a joyful experience or even a terrible tragedy
like
the one Dale and Mazelle are experiencing - in life some things are best
left unexplained - to be enjoyed and marveled at that they some how even
exist at all in this crazy world we live in. I don't know why or care to
understand why you all can bring a tear to my eye or a laugh so boisterous
fall out my chair - for no matter what that reason - I'm glad I'm a part
of
this and around to enjoy it!

End quote---

And now to who posted the first message in our new home:

Snip----