Re: Home again/weather

Not so, here. It started last night with little balls of ice - not
sleet, as there was no rain mixed in - the TV weatherman had a term
for it, but can't recall it. Then the snow started. I woke around
3AM, looked out and could see nothing but the faint lights of our
neighbor's house across the farm pond. As though it was a dense fog,
but it was the snow. At 6:30, we had 12+ inches on the ground on top
of what DH described as a layer of "icy styrofoam". The news said it
would take road crews 12 hours to clear the roads. It took DH 5 hours
to snow blow and shovel the drive and front sidewalk. I did my part
with coffee, waffles, and sausage (did not offer to pitch in outside,
as he has usually managed to be away for major snowfalls, and
besides, I couldn't do homemade waffles if I was shoveling! Long
range forecast looks good, despite the below normal temperatures.
Almost finished my Christmas decorating.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b