From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:24 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Question for mail order folks

I'm with the others on that Chris, but it's all relative.  I consider $ in
relation to size and size in relation to plant.  In the Cimi eg, WE know how
diffiicult a small one can be, but do most of your customers coomprehend
that?  WE know they are slow growing in the early stages, but do the
unexperienced know it?  You should explain this in your text (course,
doesn't mean they'll read and retain the info)
WE might turn our nose up at Wayside, but obviously a lot of people don't.
I'd take a 3 in from you over a gallon from Wayside, but most people
wouldn't comprehend why.

To answer the qstn, I am not strictly interested in price, though it is
important.  However, you should explain what a person gets for the higher
price.  Not just the pot size.  How about the age of the plant?  I notice
Gene bush and Ellen Hornig give age as a factor.  You can't slam the
competition in your writing but you might suggest that your plants are
better than the same item found elsewhere because of ? factor.

neIN, Zone 5