Re: Question for mail order folks

Agree particularly with this. It is worth extra to get plants that
have been well packed and in good condition. Age and size are most
definitely plant dependent for me. I tend to prefer smaller woody
plants because of ease of planting and the ease they have adapting to
their new location. I normally prefer a little larger perennial. The
"good outfit" is critical - will not buy without that, though I may
make a relatively inexpensive test purchase from a new place, just to
see how they do.
Best wishes for your new season.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b