Re: No gardening?

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. What a touching thing to do by
bringing her home to care for her. Be thankful that she didn't have to
suffer long.

  Donna

Judy Browning <judylee@lewiston.com> wrote:
  We had snow Sunday afternoon and dropping temperatures. The snow stayed and
invited friends. We have about 4 inches. It melted down some yesterday
afternoon, so not sure what our total was. 24F now with clear skies. We left
some concord grapes that had grown among the clematis and the chickadees are
really going after them. They also like the walnuts that didn't get picked
up. I see one of our transient woodpeckers sampling the grapes now. They
also like the walnuts and do the littler birds a favor by pecking them open.
My cat is transfixed! She doesn't like to go out in the snow, so this is
very entertaining for her.
We found out the week before Thanksgiving that Ed's mom had end stage cancer
in her abdomen. She died the 28th, funeral the 8th, so it has been a hectic
few weeks. I'm glad her suffering was short, but we sure miss her. We
brought her to our home when her care was too much for the staff at assisted
living. I'd hoped to pamper her at home for a few weeks, use those skills I
learned in Hospice, but she died the next day, while I was at work. Thank
goodness Ed's brother decided to stop by so he wasn't alone. Not the way I'd
planned, but death is like that.
Hope those of you in the ice storms are all OK. Be careful if you have to be
out in it. I've come down with a cold and got to call in sick so I haven't
had to do any driving. Holed up with my herb tea & warm blanket listening to
Christmas carols. Makes me almost happy to be ill :->
Judy B z6 Idaho