growing things

Some months ago I was given a Bowiea volubilis about the size of a
large marble.  Potted and placed on my northwest-facing kitchen
window, it soom produced a shoot that totally ignored the twigs I
had put in the pot for a trellis, and climbed up the window about
eighteen inches, with about a ten-inch spread of tendrils.  A month
or so ago the green growth suddenly turned brown and collapsed.
I wasn't worried, since I knew it would resprout, but I soon realized
that the bulb itself had grown considerably.  Then, this week it
began putting out a new shoot.  I could almost swear I could see it
growing.  In the week it has grown eighteen inches, and still does
not want to have anything to do with the support trellis.  So far it
is just one shoot with no tendrils, so I can't imagine how big it
will finally get this time.  The bulb is about three inches across.
When I looked at some online sites, I discovered that it is supposed
to have blooms.  Mine never did before, but maybe this time it will.
This is about the most unusual plant I have and I enjoy watching it.