Re: gripe

It sounds to me as if a bunch of you didn't have teen-age sons.
I do hear what you are saying about school budgets and the loss
of fine arts, etc., and can't argue with that, but I do know that the
sports programs that two of my sons, the "jocks" in the family,
engaged in kept them occupied and out of trouble.  The third
son, the oldest, was always in hot water about something, but
the only sport that interested him was hot-rodding.  How I wished
he would join a team of some sort with a coach who could keep
him in line.  And guess what, he got his son and daughter both
involved in sports as soon as he could - even learned to be a
referee at swim meets and took his daughter to the state fair
to compete in barrel racing.
In a message dated 12/31/2007 10:45:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,