RE: where is everyone?

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: RE: where is everyone?
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 08:16:10 -0800

Not much happening here. Still haven't had a frost although it's
starting to get colder - about 35 this morning. I spent a nice afternoon
in the greenhouse over T-day weekend circling plants in my High Country
Gardens catalog, I'm going to try a lot of new things in the area we
cleared next to the house. The sonic booms from the shuttle coming in
about knocked me out of my chair! Anyway I decided not to do the
prostrate juniper after all unless none of the new stuff works out. I
bought a nice variegated yucca at Home Depot too but I'm leaving it in
the greenhouse till spring. I raked and shredded sycamore leaves until
the dumpster was full, but of course they're still falling so now the
same spots are a foot deep again.
I'm so bummed about my vegetable garden for next year, seems like with
the economy I ought to be planting more not cutting back. We're not
short of grocery money but it just seems like the thing to do, you know?
But the water situation isn't any better. Argh.