Re: check in time

The "snow showers" predicted for this morning turned into a heavy
downfall of about three inches on top of yesterday's six.
  We went to early church in the middle of it because I had
prepared a pot of soup for the crew that was to decorate the
church after the late service.  I don't know how many
got there - at 8:00 there were eight of us including two children.
At least it gave me an excuse not to go to a party this afternoon.
I'm a real grinch about noisy parties - can't hear anything with all
the noise and get a real headache.  Chet loves them, though, so I
try not to look too pained.  I've already suffered through several this
season, so was glad to miss this one.
The snow has stopped and the sun tried to peep out, but the
temperature is dropping rapidly - supposed to be around 10 degrees
by morning.  I guess we'll be having a white Christmas this year.
I keep reminding myself that the shortest day of the year is this
week, and days will begin to lengthen even though it will be a while
before we notice it. It's been more than half a century since I lived in
the South, and I never want to go back, but I'm still enough of a
Southern gal at heart that I hate the short nights of midwinter.
In a message dated 12/21/2008 11:03:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cathycrc@comcast.net writes:

Went to below zero last night! May get up to 10 today.
Cathy, west central IL, z5b

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.