Re: help needed!

Stay put, let it melt, and if you go out be very careful.. It is extremely common for people to injure themselves trying to deal with ice. It is slippery ya know!

Donna wrote:
I live in a snow belt.  I know how to deal with snow.  Last night we got a
wicked ice storm.
Normally, we only get some ice, so the next daylight, it melts off my
plants... well it ain't go no where this time.  Way too much ice and it is
dragging down my tree branches etc.... My yews are touching the ground! (they
were 7-8 ft tall windbreak)  If it was snow, I would know what to do... but
this ice can't be shaken off etc...
I have icicles hanging off my climbing roses.... every tree branch is covered
in ice... even every strand of ornamental grass (well I am not worried about
that, but it is interesting to see)
So what do I do?? I am thinking some of you live in ice belts and have to
deal with this on a regular basis.  My entire driveway is going to have to be
chiseled to get it off... (I was hoping it would have slushed today and I
could have shoveled it...sigh.)
I need to do something, cause Sunday the snow is coming! Donna