Re: Food dehydrators anybody?
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Food dehydrators anybody?
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 08:09:52 -0800

Cyndi--American Harvest [Nesco, same thing] sells a nice solid tray insert for making fruit leather. I have one but have never used it.

On Dec 4, 2009, at 7:58 AM, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI wrote:

Oooh I'm looking at the Cabela's model. Nice. Maybe when I'm retired and I have time to grow more good stuff. Of course I won't be able to afford
it then.
I have used my greenhouse in the summer for fruit leather, it gets about
120F - 130F in there with the door shut. It's just more convenient to
use the dehydrator for most things.

Cyndi