Re: No Snow/Loquat
  • Subject: Re: No Snow/Loquat
  • From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:13:59 -0600

On Dec 13, james singer wrote:
> Wow! I just got a spate of stuff [this one included] from as long as 4
> days ago. And just last week, USPS delivered a DVD from NYC in 2 days
> by first class mail. I must be living in an alternate universe.

Unfortunately, I tried sending the last few days' worth of email out by
USPS to cut costs, but then they told me that some guy's DVD was holding
up the trucks.

Or something.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Someone else will probably try to spin some crazy yarn about the server
being upgraded last week, but the idiot guy who did it forgot to install
a critical program that was used by all of the mailing lists on the
site.  Fortunately that idiot guy kept backups of everything that came
in and was able to send the messages out once he realized what the problem

Clearly that's not nearly as plausible as the USPS story, so I hope you'll
ignore the rumor mill.