Re: OT - Bird question
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: OT - Bird question
  • From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:25:26 -0600

Don't see anything in the Texas bird book that sounds like your bird except
the ladder back.  It does note that "black triangle framing white cheek is
distinctive, red crown & forehead".    Check out its face next time you see
it and that should tell you if you have a ladder back.  They are common in
Texas except in East Texas.  I guess I'll have to look at mine more closely,
I thought they were all downies and one lone red head.  Be really cool if
you had something rare!

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX