Re: back to gardening??
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: back to gardening??
  • From: Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:35:32 -0800 (PST)

In the literature I got, it doesn't give it's proper name.  But it is a Tim
Woods creation so I am sure Spring Meadows will be marketing it. (especially
since they are the ones hosting this luncheon).

It goes on to say..... He wanted something with a more significant display and
also better flower color.  Over a thousand seedlings were sowed in a wet area
to cull out those with sensitivity to wet feet.  Many small leaded lilacs have
problems with root rot.  We lost about 3/4 of the original group, but it was a
quick way to select for healthy roots.  Tim narrowed the remaining plants down
to 5 selections with the strongest blooms, and from those finalists selected
Bloomerang series......It is supposed to bloom in spring and reappear in late
summer and fall.

They make it sound like this is something just created..hum.  But if it is
thriving in Michigan, maybe it has a chance here.

Donna