Re: Merry Christmas
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Merry Christmas
  • From: Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 12:18:43 -0600

Kind of coming in on the tail end of wishes, but mine are no less sincere - a Merry Christmas and Incredibly Better New Year to all! We have just switched from the warm side of the weather front to the cold. Close to 2 inches of rain yesterday, and highs in the 20s and snow showers today. At least we escaped the blizzards which happened to the west of us. DH and I are celebrating a quiet Christmas - just the two of us for dinner (roast beef, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans with almonds, and butternut squash with cranberries, with cheesecake for dessert), plus his new partner, who is single with no family visiting. Went to church last evening, as I was assigned to do the readings, so I was home to receive a surprise call this morning from my youngest, who is spending the holiday in Salzburg, Austria (raining there). I lived there for a year when I was 8, so significant memories were evoked!
Cathy, west central IL, z5b