RE: pine cones
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: pine cones
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:41:42 -0800

Our pines seem to continually put out amazing amounts of pinecones and
most of them rarely get watered, they do pretty well on less than 10
inches a year. I don't know what kind we have though - there are surely
pines native to our mountains that are adapted to less water. But based
on what else was here when we moved in, I bet the previous owners just
went to the nursery and picked up 50 of whatever they had in stock.
I wish I had the "crafty" skills to make something of the cones but it's
not gonna happen in this lifetime.

Cyndi