Re: New or Tried and True?
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: New or Tried and True?
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:10:32 EST

I totally agree, Pam. A trip to the Big Bend in 2000 gave us the most
spectacular displays of bluebonnets and other wildflowers ever.  But
this friend is too snooty for such - her travels are to Europe - she
never travels in this country. She was signed up for a round-the-world
cruise once, but fell ill and had to cancel.  Otherwise a trip up the Nile
to the pyramids is her most exotic.  I guess I am uncultured, but I have
never felt the need to travel abroad - too many great things to see here
in my own country.  But then my roots in this country go back several
hundred years longer than hers.
APL

In a message dated 12/18/2010 5:50:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gardenqueen@gmail.com writes:

Too bad your friend hasn't seen the oceans of bluebonnets in Texas in the
springtime.  Hardly likely she'd call that display "garbage".