Re: It's a girl!
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: It's a girl!
  • From: Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:08:14 -0600

Part of the integration issue seems to be each cats' personality, and their age when they joined the community. One of mine joined as a kitten and worshipped the ground the oldest male walked on. When he died, I got another male, and the ex-kitten hates him. We adopted another, an older cat, and her philosophy was "the best defense is a good offense". They all tolerate her, but there is a lot of hissing to this day. Our original, and oldest cat remains the "alpha" and all of the others defer to her.
Cathy, west central IL, z5b