Yoyo weather
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Yoyo weather
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:11:10 -0500 (EST)

My son the geologist says forget about global warming - call it
global weirding.  First we had the snowstorm in late October which
did a lot of damage.  The following week the temperatures were in
the 60s.  Since then it has been up and down.  Last Wednesday
morning at 6:30 when I check the day's temperature, it was 52 degrees.
The next few days were in the 40s and 30s, and on Sunday it was
20 degrees when we got up for early church.  Monday - that's yesterday -
it was 16.2 at 6:30, but bright and sunny.  This morning it was 47 and
cloudy.  My garden doesn't know how to handle this.  Azaleas that

were turning color before the snowfall in October have put our about
an inch of new green leaves.  What's going to happen to them now?
Crazy!

And now that we are having more mild weather, I see that the opposite
part of the country is having blizzard conditions.  I do hope  that those
of you who live in the Southwest aren't being hit too hard. We are
probably better equipped to handle blizzards here in the Northeast than
you are.

And here's hoping that each of you will have the happiest of holiday
seasons.  Even if it's politically incorrect, I'll say it - Merry Christmas!

Auralie