Re: Tree removal
  • Subject: Re: Tree removal
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:43:35 -0500

Atlanta Classic Trees did good work for our church. Caldwell Landscaping did the my tree work. They were pricey, but it was like watching a ballet in the trees as they carefully removed dead wood and a tree while avoiding the Hostas, Hydrangeas, Hellebores, native Azaleas and other plants below. Bartlett's Atlanta folks are also supposed to be very reliable, according to friends.

As you said, prices are all over the place depending on the location, but a couple of thousand wouldn't surprise me if it's in-town and crowded. If it's out in the open and requires no aerial work or a crane, it might be quite a bit less. Make sure that she checks on the insurance status of whoever she hires. There are some fly-by-nighters that don't carry insurance, but if a worker is injured, she may end up supporting them for life, or if the tree drops on the house, it would be her nickel.

----- Original Message ----- From: <TeichFauna@aol.com>