Re: Tree removal
gardenchat@hort.net

Also, make sure the workers don't use spikes to climb up the trees as they can leave holes for insects and disease.

ETN Zone 7

From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:43:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Tree removal

Atlanta Classic Trees did good work for our church. Caldwell Landscaping did
the my tree work. They were pricey, but it was like watching a ballet in the
trees as they carefully removed dead wood and a tree while avoiding the
Hostas, Hydrangeas, Hellebores, native Azaleas and other plants below.
Bartlett's Atlanta folks are also supposed to be very reliable, according to
friends.

As you said, prices are all over the place depending on the location, but a
couple of thousand wouldn't surprise me if it's in-town and crowded. If it's
out in the open and requires no aerial work or a crane, it might be quite a
bit less. Make sure that she checks on the insurance status of whoever she
hires. There are some fly-by-nighters that don't carry insurance, but if a
worker is injured, she may end up supporting them for life, or if the tree
drops on the house, it would be her nickel.