Re: made it to Missouri

woo hoo! Â and good luck w/ the new job!

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Theresa G <3a6a532b1@rewrite.hort.net> wrote:
Oh- and this weekend I'm going to Baker Creek Seeds! I found out it is only an hour away. Â: )

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Theresa G <tchessie@gmail.com> wrote:
LOL- Âlove ur solution to the "little house" Â: )
On other good news, today we found a good grocery store (HyVee)- we had been going to like 3 different places to find what we needed, and Target of all places had the best berries in the city. Now I can go to just one giant beautiful store that even has some organic produce : )

AND I am finally starting my new job on Monday. Yeah!

Since i'm renting, I don't think I'll be building raised beds, but I did bring a bunch of large pots with me that I'm going to plant tomatoes etc in.

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM, Pam Evans <f7dc1b051@rewrite.hort.net> wrote:
I use raised beds here where the clay is particularly bad. Âalso over the spot where the "little house" used to be. Âthis house didn't have indoor plumbing until WWII. Âthanks FDR!!

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 4:57 PM, BONNIE_HOLMES <add8d9851@rewrite.hort.net> wrote:
Agree with the raised beds. You can change to whatever the plants need. I love raised beds

From: "James Singer" <1f17c9d61@rewrite.hort.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:03:49 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] made it to Missouri

Congrats on the move. Sounds like you're in for some fun times with the garden. I've come to believe that unless you have 40 acres and a mule, raised beds are the way to go, if only because you can make your soil what you want it to be and you don't have to worry about chasing it down the street in the spring rains. Raised beds also lend themselves to intensive, square-foot plantings. It's surprising what you can grow in a couple of 4X12-foot raised beds.

âYou've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.â The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles