Re: I thought it would be fun for everyone to check in
  • Subject: Re: I thought it would be fun for everyone to check in
  • From: Bonnie Holmes <b0de4f5c1@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 23:41:25 -0500

Hi, I am still here in East Tennessee.  This has been a pretty good year.  At last, I have gotten much of my energy back after my cancer treatments AND I do not have to continue with the the estrogen reduction pill after taking it for the required five years.  So, I have been in the garden much more this year.  Had a bumper crop of sweet potatoes, a good supply of leeks, kale, and purple hull peas in addition to my annual garlic plantings.  I have had a great time being a grandmother to a delightful little girl.  The down side to this good news is that my husband has been diagnosed with dementia which is progressing.  I have struggled with the constant adjustments.

Carolyn, I am sorry about the loss of your sons.  I also think that there can be nothing worse for parents to endure.  I hope everyone has made it through the last few years of terrible weather.  I’m not sure things will ever even out.  Years ago, there was an article on weather (can’t remember the source) that suggested that the past century was generally one of better weather conditions for mankind and was bound to change…a real challenge to gardening.  Hope this will be a good year for all.  Bonnie H.