From: cathy carpenter
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: 2/3/2003 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Shuttle OT

Our society seems obsessed with "guarantees". We expect to be always
protected, to never have anything bad happen to us. We assume if we
compulsively dot all 'i's and cross all 't's, all will be well. Life
doesn't work that way. There are no guarantees. And bad things happen to

good people.
This does not mean we should despair -- we just move on in faith that
there is meaning, even in tragedy.
Cathy