Re: Brr it's cold and seeds

In a message dated 2/7/03 6:18:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, mtalt@hort.net
writes:

> Well, Ceres, yours may have been, but ours sure wasn't.  Hit 1st
> Dec. and we've had snow, ice, sleet, rain and cold temps ever since.
> I've had enough of it, that's for sure!
>
> Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland

 Happy to hear you have some winter as well as those of us up the coast a
bit.  Ours started around the first of November and it has snowed every week
since.  Three or four inches today with below zero and snow for Sunday on.
We will get out of here tomorrow as there is some precip free weather
predicted for tomorrow.  Following that will be four more days of snow and
well below zero temps.  We have a whopping 2-1/2 times the heating degree
days this winter compared to last winter.  We have snow and ice and snow
under the ice.  On the other list there was talk of starting tomatoes.  That
writer lives down the river a bit from me and I did not have the heart to
comment it may be the 4th of July before we put out a tomato plant.  One
hesitates to fly out of here as I do not like taking off in snowstorms and
there have been several weekly.  Now Marge says driving south will not help.
How far south down the coast, Marge, does one have to drive to find a place
with no snow and ice?  Even jacket weather would be a break.

Claire Peplowski
NYS z4