Re: renaming plants

Claire, re:
> Here is another taxonomy change coming if our catalogs and nurseries will
> accept it.  The common and pretty container plant, Coleus blumei, is
> taxonomically correct as
> Solenostemon scutellaroides.  Perhaps a rebellion will stop this, Coleus
> so integrated into the gardening world.  Sometime ago the Chrysanthemum
> was split into several other genera with Chrysanthemum disappearing.  Now
> is back where it was or approximately so. <<

I thought the Coleus to Solenostemon change occurred long b4 the
Chrysanthemum obliteration.  I've been using Solenostemon for at least 10
yrs.  Then with the crosses between genera, I found a favorite coleus of
mine, S.s. 'Banchee Holiday', was on display at a trade show listed as a
Perilla.  Now I don't know what to call the poor thing.

And now that I know to look under 'L' for Shasta Daisies, I was surprised
when I found them returned to 'C' in Bluestone's catalogue, though Marge
had hinted it was coming.

Regardless of the changes though, it still beats tracking things down via
common names.  That's a whole 'nother nightmare!