Re: renaming plants

In a message dated 2/9/03 10:31:19 AM, kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:

<< Since I had no background whatsoever and no friends or family even
remotely interested in the subject, I took university classes.  So I pretty
much learned from the get go to use botanical names. >>

Kitty, when I really got into gardening (I did tomatoes & some perennials
before) I remember a very knowledgeable gardener saying, 'A $50 plant is of
little value with out the botanical name'.  That has stuck with me.  I still
have plants in my garden  which I purchased early that have no detail labels
and I truly regret that.  I always encourage new gardeners to label their
plants but few do saying they just wish to enjoy the plant they didn't care
whats its name is.