Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:36:35 EST
From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: water meters
Here in the midst of the great metropolitan sprawl, 40 miles north of New

York City, we have neither public water nor sewage.  We are very
that our well supplies good water ..........To top it all, we are charged
a "water tax" each year when we pay our local
property tax.  It isn't a lot - about $150/year.  The first few years we
lived here I protested, but was always told "maybe someday the town will
water up your road, so you have to pay the tax." Of course they never
but I finally decided life was too short to get all het up about
something I
was never going to win. But in 33 years we have paid quite a bit of
Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com