Re: war

Well, I knew I'd offend some of you:-)  I'm an old Army brat,
myself...come from a *very* hawk-like family, so my experience of
army officer's views on war is a tad different....still, I consider
war a very poor alternative to anything else.  Happened to live in
Europe in '48 and saw the results of W.W.II first hand; hard to
believe that anyone who has either lived through war or seen the
aftermath could even consider it as a "solution".

Agree, Congress is probably even more willing to commit troops than
most military personnel...and those who have no experience of war or
its aftermath the most enthusiastic about it.   Perhaps I should
change my theory from military commanders to civilian ones to make it
more accurate:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :